Our volunteers strongly believe that creativity can inspire and empower individuals and entire communities to produce positive changes around them.
The Big Syn Institute welcomes applications from across the world to assist in one or more of its ongoing initiatives. Volunteers are currently involved in activities of the 2020 Big Syn Film Festival—from publicising the festival to administration and management of the online screenings, to preparing artwork, graphics and content as well as communicating with the applicants, partners, sponsors and patrons.
Interested? Read the commitments and experience, and then apply below.
Apart from the Institute’s and the film festival organising team’s eternal gratitude, the volunteers also receive other perks and memorable experiences. However, perhaps the most important thing they get out of their experience is the feeling of accomplishment in being part of an international initiative that is bringing positive changes to the world through creativity.
If this sounds interesting and worth your while, join as a volunteer for the 2019 Big Syn International Film Festival, London. Before you apply, please read the following information to understand what is expected of volunteers and the benefits of volunteering with the Big Syn Institute.
Commitments and experience
1. You can commit to flexible amount of time to volunteer: 2-3 days/week to full time during the term of the festival (around mid-September to early December 2019)
2. The roles are all home based as the film festival and the art awards are virtual events
3. No formal qualifications are required and individuals of all academic backgrounds are welcome. However, ability to write a good copy and familiarity with the use of the widely used photo and video editing software/Apps used to create posts for social media is essential. Prior experience of working for such events will be a benefit but not essential. Ability to work with a team of volunteers and work towards tight deadlines is essential.
1. Experience of working with experienced staff of the Institute and senior volunteers thus offering valuable experiences for further work, enterprise or volunteering
2. Learning or developing further real-world expertise in fundraising, social media management, communications, virtual event management, sponsor management and partnerships
3. Work with an international team from across the globe to exchange ideas and develop new professional or social networks
Please complete the brief form below and indicate dates when you can start volunteering. Also, please attach your current CV with the message. Unfortunately, applications without a CV cannot be considered.